Anne Fry was the eighth child of John Fry & Caroline Stephens born c1830 at East Grinstead, Sussex.
In 1841 she was living with her parents at Bower Farm, Hammerwood.
On September 1st, 1847 Anne married her cousin William Fry. The marriage took place at the Parish Church of St Andrew Holborn, London. It was noted on the marriage certificate that William, a farmer, was of full age & Anne was a minor & both gave their address as Holborn. William was the son of Elizabeth Morphew & William Fry of Chailey, Sussex born 1820 at Laughton, Sussex. Witnesses at the wedding were Samuel M Hicks, the parish clerk of Holborn, & George Hicks.
Anne & William's marriage certificate
At the time of the 1851 census Anne & William were living at Moor House, Lingfield, Surrey, where William was a farmer of 65 acres. They had a 2 year old son William, born at East Grinstead and a daughter Anne J, aged 1 month. There was a nurse Mary Neady with them at the time of the census.
In 1861 William & Anne had moved to Dennetts Rd, Deptford, Greenwich, Kent & William was described as a fund holder. With them were children (Anne) Jane (10), Esther (8), Catherine (6), John (4), Alfred (3) & Arthur E (1). They had a 22 year old housemaid, Eliza Allen. Son William was with his grandparents Elizabeth & William Fry at Goodwins Farm, East Grinstead, Sussex at the time of the census.
Anne died sometime before 1866 when William remarried. (See f.3.1 William
Fry for the continuation of his story.)
The children of William Fry & Anne Fry were:
f.3.1.1 William Henry Fry
born Jan-March 1849 at East Grinstead, Sussex; died June 21st, 1908 at Pancras Workhouse
f.3.1.2 Anne Jane Fry born c1850 at Hartfield, Sussex
f.3.1.3 Esther Charlotte Fry born May 17th, 1852 at Lingfield, Surrey; died May 12th, 1914 at Broadbridge Heath, Horsham, Sussex
f.3.1.4 Catherine Fry born c1854 at Hartfield, Sussex
f.3.1.5 John Fry born April-June 1856 at Burstow, Surrey
f.3.1.6 Alfred Frederick Fry born Jan-March 1858 at Faygate, Horsham, Sussex
f.3.1.7 Arthur Edward Fry born Jan-March 1860 at Shipley, Sussex