Catherine Stone was the third child of Benjamin Stone & Catherine Baker born February 10th, 1832 at Birmingham & christened March 5th, 1832 at St Phillips, Birmingham.
In 1841 Catherine was living at home at Lupin St, Duddeston, Aston, Birmingham with her parents, sister & 2 brother.
Catherine was still living at home at Lupin St in 1851.
Catherine married Frederick Fawdry on November 17th, 1853 at St Peter & St Paul, Aston, Birmingham. Witnesses at the wedding were Benjamin Stone & Mary Ann Stones. Frederick, a corn factor at the time of the wedding, was born November 17th, 1828 & christened December 2nd, 1828 at St Phillips, Birmingham, the son of Mary & James Goodwin Fawdry, a baker & corn dealer. Interestingly in December 1853 Catherine’s brother James Henry was to marry Elizabeth Benton – the cousin of Frederick Fawdry.
Catherine died January 11th, 1857, the death being registered at Birmingham.
In 1861 widower Frederick had returned to live with his parents at Laurel Grove, Sheldon, Warks. He was described as a glass manufacturer.
Frederick of the Poplars, Sheldon died on June 20th, 1867 at Sheldon. His will was proved at Birmingham on October 24th 1867 by his uncle John Singleton of Birmingham, gentleman, & Benjamin Stone (Catherine’s father), glass manufacturer, the executors. His effects were under £5,000.
The Birmingham Journal of July 6th, 1867 revealed that Frederick, of the firm Stone, Fawdry & Stone Birmingham, had made many legacies to several hospitals, the Deaf & Dumb Institution, the Blind Asylum & the Blue Coat School. He had been churchwarden of Sheldon Church & was actively involved with repairs to the Parish Church. Among the proposed improvements to the church was a handsome memorial window to his late wife, but sadly he died before its completion.