Mary Ann Winder was the third child of Robert Winder & Letitia Boswell born 1829 at Church St, Edmonton, & christened October 9th 1829 at All Saints, Edmonton, Middx.
In 1841 Mary Ann was living with her family at Lower Edmonton, London. Her father, Robert, tragically died when he was trampled by one of his own coach horses in 1849.
In 1851 she was living at Church St, Edmonton with her mother & sister Caroline.
On March 27th, 1852 she married John Jones at St Johns, Hampstead, Middx. John was the son of John Jones born c1826 in Norton Folgate, Bishopsgate, London.
At the time of the birth of their first child in 1853 Mary & John were living at 12 Carlton Place, Hackney & John was a tobacconist.
In 1861 they were living at 3 Amherst Terr, St Johns Hackney where John was a cab proprieter. They had 3 daughters – Mary Ann Winder (8), Emily Jane (5) & Agnes Letitia (10 months). Living with them were niece (Mary) Anne Livermore (6) & nephew Edmund J Livermore (3) who were the children of Mary’s deceased sister Anne Winder who had married Edmund John Livermore.
Mary Ann died on November 10th, 1868 at Hackney & was buried in the Winder family grave at All Saints church, Edmonton.
Daughter Emily Jane married twice, firstly Albert Barnard, a coachman, on September 24th, 1876 at Buckhurst Hill, Essex, & then Louis Frederick Boret in April-June 1899 at Edmonton. Emily died May 24th, 1937 at Tooting Beck hospital, Surrey.
Daughter Agnes Letitia also married twice, firstly Joseph Harknett, a coachman, on June 1st, 1879 at St Barnabas’, Finsbury, Islington, & then Henry Charles Dunmore in April-June 1905 at Hackney.
The children of Mary Ann Winder & John Jones were:
wi.184.108.40.206 Mary Ann Winder Jones christened February 16th, 1853 at Stoke Newington,
Hackney; died July-September 1866 in Barnet, Middlesex
wi.220.127.116.11 Emily Jane Jones born June 14th, 1855 at Stoke Newington; died May 24th, 1937 at Tooting Beck, Surrey
wi.18.104.22.168 Agnes Letitia Jones born July-Sept 1860 at Stoke Newington; died April 25th, 1951 at the Hospital, Runwell, Essex